If you have suffered as a result of what you believe was medical negligence*, it is essential that you consult with an experienced solicitor as soon as possible. At Coughlan White & Partners, we have experienced solicitors to consult about your medical negligence* claims case. We will enlist the help of experienced medical personnel to give expert medical opinions on the circumstances of your claim.
Medical negligence* or medical malpractice* is where care provided by a professional working in the medical sector deviates from accepted standards of practice and causes you physical and/or mental trauma as a result.
There are a number of factors that need to be taken into consideration when pursuing a medical negligence* claim. You (the Plaintiff) can only claim compensation for a medical negligence* claim if you have sustained the injury.
Medical Negligence* claims can be complex and are often based on the balance of probability but if a medical professional has breached their call of duty and caused you injury in the following areas there is a strong possibility that you have a medical negligence claim;
- Not communicating risks involved in medical procedures<*/li>
- Error in performance or administration of drugs during a procedure*
- Delays in diagnosing injury source*
- Insufficient follow up care*
- Where there has been an avoidable delay in the diagnosis of an illness*
- When the results of tests have not been acted upon*
- When errors have been made in the performance of a procedure*
- When errors have been made in the prescription or administration of drugs When follow up care has been inadequate or ill planned*
The value of your case will be influenced by factors such as:
- The extent of the physical injury
- Post traumatic stress
- Loss of earnings and potential loss of earnings
- Disabiing effects on quality of life & pain suffered
If you would like advice in relation to any aspect of Medical Negligence*, please contact any of our Medical Negligence Specialist Team below or fill in our on-line form and we will call you back:
*In Contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.
Feargal White, Partner
Jason Tehan, Senior Associate
Angela Luxford, Legal Executive